The Indiana Water Monitoring Council (InWMC) encourages submissions from our members for our blog and our newsletter, Water in the News. If you would like to contribute to either of these publications, please review the following guidelines.
- Content must be relevant to water monitoring and/or water resources. You can check out the InWMC blog and find past issues of Water in the News here for examples of the types of content we accept.
- All work must be submitted in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx).
- Authors must provide accurate references for all data and information used, and their sources should be cited in the article. If available, please provide links to external data or references. Please note that we will not consider submissions that are not properly sourced.
- We accept submissions on an ongoing basis. However, if you would like your work to appear in our next issue of Water in the News, please provide your content by the 3rd Wednesday of the next even-numbered month.
- the InWMC reserves the right to edit work that has been accepted for publication. However, any revisions will be sent to the author for final approval prior to publication.
- All images (maps, logos, photos, etc.) should be submitted in high resolution to ensure they display properly.
- If including a photo with your article, please submit it in JPEG format.
- All images must be original and/or copyright-free. If using an image you created, please include your name, the date it was created, and the location (if applicable) for proper attribution. Please note that your submission serves as your permission to use the image on our website, and we will not publish any image without proper attribution.
Please feel free to contact the Communications Team with any questions you have about these guidelines or the status of content submitted:
- InWMC Blog: Alisha Turnbow
- Water in the News: Brittany Maule
To submit your work for consideration, please fill out the following form.